The first significant object on the territory of the Seaside Park in the Soviet period was the Parachute Tower, which appeared in the capital in 1936. The 75-meter tower was considered the highest in the entire Soviet Union. The tower was made on the initiative of the Baku city council at the «Baku Worker» machine-building plant, and everyone who was interested in extreme sports could use it. There were also classes on the initial military training of youth. Unfortunately, the brave paratroopers did not please the public for long with their air maneuvers, in 1960 an accident occurred here, after which the tower no longer functioned. Today, the Parachute Tower is popularly called the Clock Tower and attracts tourists with its data on time and weather forecast.